Filing Chapter 7 in Illinois
If you have made the decision to file for bankruptcy to get out from under debt and get a fresh financial start, it is important to learn about the process and steps that must be followed.
At Edwin L. Feld & Associates, LLC, we can advise you about your options and give you a general outline of the steps and procedures required in most bankruptcy cases. We can also answer any questions that you have regarding Chapter 7 bankruptcy and any additional administrative steps that may be completed before your debts are discharged.
We have offices convenient to many suburbs in the Chicago area. Call 888-645-4357 to schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced bankruptcy lawyer.
Chicago Debt Liquidation Attorneys
The basic steps in the Chapter 7 bankruptcy process include:
- Determining whether Chapter 7 is the correct form of bankruptcy for your situation
- A mandatory credit counseling (may be done online or by phone)
- Filing a petition, schedules, statements and other documents with the bankruptcy court
- Meeting with the trustee (if necessary)
- Allowing time for objections by creditors and the trustee
- Taking a financial management course prior to the discharge (may be done online or by phone)
- Receiving a Notice of Discharge
If you are considering bankruptcy as an option to provide effective debt relief, it is important to consult with a skilled lawyer.
Filing Chapter 7 in Illinois With an Experienced Lawyer
To learn more about filing Chapter 7 with an experienced bankruptcy attorney at Edwin L. Feld & Associates, contact us toll free at 888-645-4357. You may also contact us by e-mail.